Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Great progress!

As I was rehearsing for "Deathtrap" the other night, I was able to  hear and feel the musical energy that was coming from the Les Mis cast  in the other room and...BRAVO! So much vocal progress has been made  by our committed and hardworking cast.(It was really hard for me not to sing a-long, but very good practice to remain in character while on stage.)
 On a special note, I tip my hat to Dale and all of our rehearsal accompanists for setting the musical bar high and  for supporting and expecting all cast members to achieve that goal. Remember to keep your vocal cords healthy for our creative journey ahead. :) I can't wait to start rehearsing with the orchestra!
Great Job Everyone!
Erika Maruri

(p.s.  Quite a few  people have been kindly asking me how to pronounce my uncommon last name. I appreciate it. Its origin is Spanish Basque. Use long vowels and try to roll both of the "R"s:
Ma + Ru + Ri ) 

4 comments:

  1. Thank you, Erika, for the tip of the hat to Dale and accompanists, and to the rest of us as well!
    By the way, you ain't no slouch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for spelling your name wrong all over the place, Erika!
    Corrected some of them...
    -Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm practicing your last name. It's lovely! And fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been doingthat as well. Can roll at the beginning of a word, butit is much harder in the middle. Whaddya say there coach?

      Delete